Saturday, December 10, 2011

Relax

Are you like me and tend to always be in a hurry and want to cram as much as you can into an entire day? Are you perplexed by people who look relaxed, peaceful and take their time?
My mother-in-law was one of those people. When she lived with us it would frustrate me that she took her time doing everything. She would never hurry, she would saunter, no matter where we were going; eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the table, of all places; and she would hand write a letter twice; draft and final version. When she was working, she'd even go to work an hour ahead of schedule so that she could take her time eating breakfast and read the newspaper, at the local restaurant. Although, I’m pretty sure she came up with some of these tactics for self preservation while she was raising eight children.

Now that I'm feeling overly busy and stressed out, I can appreciate some of her once annoying habits. I’ve made a decision to take it easy, take control of my life and take care of myself.

Here are a few tips that I would like to share to help you take it easy and manage your stress level. They may seem simple but they are very effective.
v       Meditate
o   Pray
o   Read the Word
o   Be thankful

v       Turn off the television
o   Listen to your thoughts and be in the moment
o   Be more productive
o   Distance yourself from negativity

v       Exercise
o   Helps you sleep
o   May alleviate pain and stress
o   Helps maintain a positive mind set

v       Eat healthy
o   Take control of what goes into your body
o   Limit caffeine, sugar and processed foods
o   Try new veggies and fruits
o   Try new recipes
o   Eat at the table

v       Manage your time
o   Think through before committing
o   Just say No
o   Be proactive to avoid procrastination
Slow down and pay attention to yourself; there is only one You and You are the only one who has the power to take care of your mind, body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment