Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happiness


There’s a lot of talk and hype going on about being happy; like there’s a secret formula. Just yesterday Oprah did a show about, Happiness”, what makes people happy and are they born that way or is it due to some other factors. They interviewed several people and asked them “what makes you happy.” Guess what?
The answers were both genetics and other factors like:
v       Positive family
v       Peaceful surroundings
v       Exercise
v       Eating right
v       Knowing  your neighbors
v       Talking (networking) with people (face-to-face, not online)

I believe this is true. Happiness comes deep within yourself by dealing with all the junk from your past and present, being thankful for your friends and family and your faith and trust in God. The song, “Oh Happiness by the David Crowder band, captures the meaning of happiness, “Oh Happiness, there’s grace, enough for us and the whole human race.” We all can have it, it’s free!
Trust me; I didn’t always feel this way. When I was younger I felt the whole world revolved around me and my wants and needs, and when I didn’t get my way I would be angry and depressed. I finally got sick of myself and began to seek help from my church. They offered several different classes that seemed to be just perfect for me. The journey was difficult and a little painful; ok a lot painful. But, it was all worth it. I am very thankful that God put all those people in my life that could help me through my journey.
Now it’s my turn to be there for others.  I enjoy being there for people and hope and pray that I can help them in their journey in search of happiness and a Simple Soul Life.

1 comment: